Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A few important items

Our new fiscal year has begun so watch for new books to begin arriving again soon.

October 11 the libraries will be closed for staff training day.

October 14-24 I will be on vacation. While my co-workers would like to be able to help you, they just aren't genealogy librarians. Come use the collection, but hold your advice questions for my return please.

October 30 is our next public program. Tresa Tatyrek will be our guest speaker again. Her topic is Researching Church Records. The doors of the Dulaney Room will open at 10:00. The program will start at 10:30 and will last until 11:30 or 11:45. No pre-registration is required.

Our collection is on the move. Due to several recent changes at the Roy and Helen Hall Memorial Library we now have twice as much space for the genealogy collection as before. I am slowly shifting to spread out the collection. The scope of our collection will not change, but now we can keep growing.

If you ever have any questions from anything I post on this blog please do not send it to me by replying to this message. Send me your email at tluscombe@mckinneytexas.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment